101 keyboard shortcuts that can make your life easier
If you work with a computer a lot, then you know that for fast and productive work you should try to do without a mouse. In this edition, Science and Technology will tell you how to more conveniently use: Windows, Chrome, Firefox, Gmail, Mac, MS Excel, MS Word.
Ctrl + L or ALT + D or F6 - go to the address bar and select its contents;
Ctrl + K or Ctrl + E - go to the address bar and enter a request to the default search engine;
Ctrl + Enter - turns tratata in the address bar to www.tratata. com🙂
Ctrl + T - new tab;
Ctrl + N - new window;
Ctrl + Shift + T - return the last closed tab;
Ctrl + Shift + N - the secret level of "Chrome"🙂 New window in Incognito mode;
Shift + Esc - another secret level🙂 Built-in task manager;
Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PageDown — like everywhere else, scroll through tabs from left to right;
Ctrl + Shift + Tab or Ctrl + PageUp - scroll through the tabs from right to left;
Ctrl + 1, ..., Ctrl + 8 - switches between the first eight tabs;
Ctrl + 9 - switches to the last tab;
Backspace or Alt + left arrow - go to the previous page in the history of the current tab;
Shift + Backspace or Alt + right arrow - go to the next page in the history of the current tab;
Shift + Alt + T - switch to the button toolbar; After that, you can move left and right by it, and choose the button by pressing Enter;
Ctrl + J - open the tab of all downloads;
Ctrl + Shift + J - open developer tools (menu View item code);
Ctrl + W or Ctrl + F4 - close the active tab or pop-up window;
Ctrl + R or F5 - as elsewhere, refresh (open tab);
Ctrl + H - open the History tab (History);
Ctrl + Shift + Delete - history clearing window;
Ctrl + F or Ctrl + G - search for text on the open page;
Ctrl + U - view HTML source of the page; By the way, the address bar of the view-source type: FULL_URL will show the source from this URL;
Ctrl + O - as elsewhere, the window for opening a file ... and the File menu do not need to be searched;
Ctrl + S - similarly - saving the current page;
Ctrl + P - print the current page;
Ctrl + D - add to bookmarks, as with most browsers;
Ctrl + Shift + B - open the Bookmark Manager;
Alt + Home - return to the home page;
Ctrl ++ (plus), Ctrl + - (minus) - zoom in and out; "Plus" and "minus" can be normal or gray;
Ctrl + 0 - return to the display scale of 100%;
F11 - full screen and back.
Opening links in “Chrome” is also convenient, if you get used to it, and the right mouse button is not needed:
Ctrl + click on the link (option - click on the link with the middle mouse button or the scroll wheel) - open the link in a new tab without switching to it;
Ctrl + Shift + click on the link (option - Shift + click on the link with the middle mouse button or the scroll wheel) - open the link in a new tab with switching to it;
Shift + click on the link - open the link in a new window.
- Raise or lower the page. Space bar - lower the page, Shift + space bar - raise the page.
- To find. Ctrl + F or Alt-N for the next page.
- Bookmark this page. Ctrl + D.
- Quick search./.
- New inset. Ctrl + T.
- Go to the search bar. Ctrl + K.
- Go to the address bar. Ctrl + L.
- Increase text size. Ctrl + =. Reduce text size Ctrl + -
- Close tab. Ctrl-W.
- Refresh the page. F5.
- Go to the home page. Alt-home.
- Restore a closed page. Ctrl + Shift + T.
- Bookmarks by keywords. This is the most productive. If you frequently visit the site, you bookmark (of course!), Then go to the bookmarks properties (right click on them). Add a short keyword to the keyword input line, save,and after that you can simply enter this keyword into the address bar (Ctrl + L) and go directly to the site.
- Write a new letter. C.
- Reply to the letter. R.
- Reply to all.A.
- Forward the letter. F.
- Save the current letter and open the next letter. Y + O.
- Delete the message and open the following. # + O (or Shift-3 + O).
- Send a written letter. Tab-Enter.
- Search. /.
- Navigation. Move down J and up K through the list of contacts.
- List of messages. N and P move the cursor to the next or previous message and the message list.
- Ignore. M– letters with marked addresses are no longer included in the list of incoming emails and archived.
- Choose a chain of letters. X - chain of letters will be selected. You can archive it, apply a shortcut to it and select an action for it.
- Save draft. Control-S.
- Go to the list of messages. G + I.
- Go to the marked letters. G + S.
- Go to the address book. G + C.
- Create shortcut key combinations. In order to create shortcut keys for fast switching, right-click on the icon for creating fast switching keys (there is one on your desktop) and enter the combination. For example, such as Ctrl-Alt-W for Word.
- Switch between windows.Alt-Tab - select the desired window, then lower the keys. Or hold the Windows key, press Tab to go through the buttons on the taskbar and find the window you need, then, after finding it, press Enter. If you add a Shift button to any of these methods, the windows will be selected in the opposite direction.
- Go to desktop. Windows D key.
- Context menu. Instead of right-clicking, press Shift-F10. Then scroll up or down with the up and down arrow keys.
- Shut down. To quickly turn off the computer, press the Window key and then U. With this key, you can also press S to pause, U to turn it off, or R to restart.
- The most common. Of course, you know this, but for newbies you need to mention the most well-known combinations: Ctrl-O– open, Ctrl-S - save, Ctrl-N - open a new document, Ctrl-W - close the window, Ctrl-C –copy, Ctrl -V - paste, Ctrl-X - cut. Ctrl-Z - cancel (back), Ctrl-Y - cancel (forward). To see the contents of the clipboard in MS Office, press Ctrl-C twice. Ctrl-Home– go to the beginning of the document, Ctrl-End - go to the end.
- Menu. When you press Alt, a menu appears in which you want to work using the arrow buttons.Alt plus an underlined letter of each menu option leads to the use of this option. Or simply remembers the key combination for this option for even faster use.
- Windows Explorer (Explorer). Windows-E - My Computer is started.
Mac operating system
- Switch Dock. Option-Cmd-D - show / hide Dock.
- Hide everything else. Cmd-Option-H hides all other windows except where you are. Eases your screen.
- Close a window. Cmd-W closes the active open window. Option-Cmd-W closes all open windows.
- Expand directory. Option-Cmd-arrow to the right - expand the directory and subdirectories in the list in the Finder.
- Forward and back. Cmd- [andCmd-] works with Finder, Safari and Firefox.
- Copy screen. Cmd-Shift-3 - for the whole screen. Cmd-Shift-4 - creates borders for copying the selected part of the screen.
- Exit. Shift-Cmd-Q - the output will be done in 2 minutes. Shift-Option-Cmd-Q - the output will be realized immediately.
- Empty trash. Shift-Cmd-Delete.
- New window in Safari. Cmd-t.
- Help. Cmd-shift- ?.
- CD loading. Press C and during startup (immediately after the melody) load the CD.
- Boot from another department. Option-Cmd-Shift-Delete– starts booting until another department is found, such as a CD or disk.
- Additional Information.Cmd-Option-I opens a window with additional information that allows you to see and compare many files and folders in one window.
- Sleep, restart and shutdown. Cmd-option-eject, Cmd-ctrl-eject, and Cmd-Option-ctrl-eject.
- Forced shutdown. Cmd-opt-Esc is basic, but very useful.
- Fast FTP protocol. Cmd-K will open a connection to the server.
- Edit the cell. F2. This is probably the main key you need to know.
- Select the column. Ctrl-space.
- Select a row. Shift-space.
- Money format. Ctrl + Shift + 4 (more precisely, Ctrl + $).
- Percentage format. Ctrl + Shift + 5 (more precisely, Ctrl +%).
- To the beginning. Ctrl-Home makes cell A1active.
- Enter the current date. Ctrl-colon.
- Enter the current time. Ctrl-division mark.
- Copy cells. Ctrl - double quotes will copy the top cells (without formatting).
- The format of the cells. Ctrl-1 will open the cell format window.
- Navigation. Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown.
- Multiple entry. Ctrl-Enter instead of simple Enter, after entering data in one of several selected cells, will transfer the data to all other selected cells.
- Default formatting. Ctrl-Space includes the normal style for the current selection and subsequent text entry.
- Intervals between paragraphs. Ctrl-0 (zero on the top of the keyboard) adds or deletes an interval before the current paragraph.Ctrl-1 (top on the keyboard) - single line spacing of the paragraph. Ctrl-2 (at the top of the keyboard) - double line spacing of the paragraph. Ctrl-5 (at the top of the keyboard) changes the line spacing to one and a half.
- Update date and time. Alt-Shift-D - Entering date updates. Alt-Shift-T - making updates time.
Promo Code Next - quality for a reasonable price
Transparent jar needle bar
Tip 2: How to skin your car with skin
Unusual furniture with your own hands
Spanish wall tile in bathroom design