Do-it-yourself wood garden chair
MaterialsTo make a garden chair, you will need a trimmed pine board 25-30 mm thick and 140 mm wide. Also for the manufacture of lintels need a wooden bar 5050 mm. These parts can be made from the board, but the structural strength of this will significantly lose. Garden chair will be operated in harsh conditions, because the safety margin does not hurt. All elements of the design are connected to the screws and wood glue. At the same time, as can be seen in the photographs presented, the fasteners themselves are not visible. For their “masking” will require a standard 8-mm furniture dowels. The length of the screws is 30 mm. Now by the number of materials:
- Board - 5 m.
- Beam - 2.5 m.
- Self-tapping screws - 60 pcs.
- Dowels - 20 pcs.
ToolsThe main idea of the material isto use a minimum of tools that any home craftsman has to make a garden chair. Like it or not, you should prepare the following:
- hacksaw for wood;
- for wood drills with a diameter of 2, 5 mm;
- drill on a tree with a diameter of 8 mm;
- bits for self-tapping screws (possible with a screwdriver);
- emery paper with a grain size of 100 units;
- joiner's corner,
- simple pencil
- electric plane;
- sh ifovalnaya machine (better orbital);
- Clamp Joiner
Details of a garden chair made of woodIt is best to start with the manufacture of rear legs. These are the most complex parts of the chair, since there is an oblique cut of the board. It is necessary for the back to have a certain inclination, thereby improving the convenience and attractiveness of the chair. Next, longitudinal and transverse bridges are cut from the beam.As already mentioned above, these details can be made from the same 30-mm board. But it is better, nevertheless, to use a bar. The last step is to make the front legs and lamellae for finishing the seat with the back. In the example above, a 14 cm edged board was laid out for this purpose. In principle, it is quite difficult to perform such an operation manually. Therefore, if there is no electric jigsaw or circular saw, you can use a whole board 14 cm wide. Although narrow slats look on the finished product more attractively. In addition, if the edged board you have is not too smooth, longitudinal sawing will facilitate the fitting of parts to the required size. After cutting all the elements of the garden chair, it is recommended to immediately treat them with a plane and emery paper. To improve the appearance, it is desirable to round all the edges that will be outside. Even if there is no planer and a special grinding machine, we take a drill, a disc nozzle and abrasive wheels with a grain size of 100 units. The chair shown in the example is fully processed using this set only (even the plane was not used). To extend the life of sandpaper, it must be periodically cleaned of chips. To do this, it is easier and cheaper to use a heater in the form of polyethylene foam (the one that is covered with foil on one side). If you "walk" with sandpaper on such polyethylene, it will be completely cleaned. This method does not work only against tar tar. When the paper is clogged with resin, it can only be discarded.
The steps and nuances of assembling a wooden chairThe technology of connecting all the details of the chair is the same. It is called an "invisible screw." The order of execution is this:
- The details are staggered together as shown in the drawings and photographs. For convenience and greater accuracy, they are fixed with clamps.
- Holes with a diameter of 2.5 mm and a depth of 30 mm are drilled under the screws.
- The holes expand in the same places 8 -mill drill to a depth of about 10 mm.
- Screws are screwed into the holes. To make them easier, it is recommended to lubricate the tip with ordinary engine oil.
- BThe remaining holes are applied to the glue and the dowels become clogged.
- After the glue dries, the protruding parts of the dowels are cut by a hacksaw.
Results and cost price of a garden chairIf you only work with a hacksaw and a drill, it will take about hours to make parts and assemble them 8.In a well-equipped carpentry workshop, it will be enough for 3-4 hours.
Repair mixer in the kitchen
Stained glass jars
Simple Antenna Amplifier