Homemade soft cheese
They say that if you take low-fat products for this recipe, you get real diet cheese. Have not tried. But she did not follow strict recommendations. For example, if in the list of products of the original source it is stipulated that milk and kefir should be with the highest percentage of fat, then preferred 2.5% milk. Kefir chose fatter. This time it seemed to me that only dill would be enough, although you could use it with parsley. Experimenting, not once added to the cheese is not greens, but various delicacies. So, it perfectly harmonizes perfectly with sweet peppers and olives. Thanks to cumin, a very peculiar taste of spices, cheese received a specific taste that is rarely found in mass-produced cheese products. As practice has shown, cheese-making at home has turned out to be a profitable business, not troublesome and interesting, not expensive and fast.They add attractiveness and facts such as:
While it reaches the desired state, I wash the dill and dry it with a disposable towel, finely chop.Beat eggs in kefir with salt with a whisk or regular fork.Pouring thismix in boiling milk.Constantly stirring, I keep cheese mass on medium heat. I wait for the moment when it turns from a granular liquid into a culinary miracle, that is, the whey will be well separated from the curd.Once this happens, remove the pan from the heat, stir in the cumin and dill.I filter the whole mass like this:Tightly tying the ends of cheesecloth, leave the cheese bun for a few minutes alone. He is still very hot.A little cool, I will shift it and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. On a plate, so that nothing gets wet and does not leak in the refrigerator, I will give my homemade workpiece to spend at least 12 hours in the cold. After this procedure, it will really turn into soft real cheese.
- I know for sure that eggs and greens are homemade, of excellent quality.Kefir, like milk, unfortunately, purchased in a regular store. But the finished product certainly came out without any questionable additives;
- the result exceeded all expectations, steeper than many store counterparts. Therefore, I can not ignore leave such a recipe.
- in equal proportions kefir and milk (900 ml here);
- bunch of dill;
- five eggs;
- two teaspoons of salt;
- teaspoon of cumin.
Making homemade soft cheeseHow and what to do: I’ll make you boil milk.
- a colander (or sieve) covered with gauze, the ends of which should hang so that they can be tied up in a knot, I put in a convenient dish so that the glass has excess liquid;
- gently collect a hot mass with a ladle and pour it gradually into this device;
- if necessary, as this procedure takes place, the serum is drained into a separate bowl.I use it later when it cools down, for example, for okroshka.
Six interesting facts about Chester's sofa
Crochet tank top
Open garden gazebo
Merry Flower Paper
Gift review: what to give to the family for the New Year
Exquisite tortoise from succulents