Roast Pork Loin with Honey and Mustard Glaze
Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 5g Added Sugars||10%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep65 min, Cook45 min
Servings6 (4 ounces each)
Out of ideas for a healthy, tasty dinner? Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite meals to make when my husband is tired of chicken and fish. It's easy to prepare, tastes great, and is usually fairly inexpensive.
Pork tends to get a bad reputation as an unhealthy protein, but tenderloin is actually very lean. One 3-ounce serving has around 120 calories, 22 grams of protein, and only 3 grams of fat, making it a great choice for healthy, flavorful dinners.
This honey mustard pork tenderloin is an easy recipe that's pretty hands-off, so you can do other things (like make a salad!) while the meat is marinating and cooking. It uses only six simple ingredients so you can get a delicious dinner on the table easily.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin (1 piece)
- Whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, thyme, and pepper. Place pork tenderloin in a large zip-top bag and pour in honey mustard mixture. Squish around to make sure pork is completely covered. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 425F. Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Place pork in the dish, reserving marinade. Roast 35 minutes to an hour (depending on the thickness of the tenderloin), checking internal temperature at 30 minutes. Pork is done when a thermometer inserted into the center reads 145F. Remove from oven and rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan and boil 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened, adding water as needed to keep from sticking.
- Serve pork drizzled with honey mustard sauce.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Try spicy brown mustard instead of dijon, if you wish.
Substitute one tablespoon dried thyme in place of the fresh. Buying dry thyme may be a good option if you aren't planning on using the rest of the fresh batch. Alternatively, you can chop up the remaining thyme and freeze in ice cube trays with a bit of water.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Boiling the marinade for 5 to 10 minutes ensures that it is safe to serve as a sauce. If it makes you nervous, discard the marinade and make a second batch to thicken on the stove.
Note that 425F is a great temperature for roasting baby potatoes or vegetables, so cook them at the same time on a sheet pan while the pork is cooking for an easy, balanced meal.
Video: Honey Dijon Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Oxiconazole Topical Reviews
How to Grow Bacteria in a Petri Dish
Simple Ultrasound Neck Scan May Predict Dementia Risk
The Best Snacks Before Working Out
Top Cures for Hiccups
Halloween Costume How-to: Cheshire Cat
4 Reasons Goat Cheese Is Better Than Cow Cheese
How to Make Dog Yarn
5 Methods To Straighten Your Curly Hair
What is Ai Chi Benefits of Ai Chi during Pregnancy
Receive Free Estée Lauder Products Tomorrow
Fibrin Sealant Topical