Android VS iPhone
How to Choose Between an iPhone and a Palm Pre
Determine what cell phone service you already have.If you have AT&T and want to stick with it, for now, your only option is iPhone. Similarly with Sprint, as the Palm Pre only works with Sprint right now. If you are willing to change cell phone services (you can now take your number with you), then this should not be an issue. (Note: It is rumored that the Pre will come out with AT&T and Verizon later in 2009. Similarly, it is rumored that the iPhone will come out with a Verizon compatible version at some point in 2010).
Think about what networks your friends and family are on.Since mobile to mobile calls within one network are usually covered without counting towards your monthly minutes, you may find yourself spending a lot more minutes (and dollars) calling people depending on which carrier you choose.
Think about how/when/for what you will use the phone.
- One of the biggest differences between the Palm Pre and the iPhone is that the Palm Pre allows you to have multiple applications open at once.
- The iPhone will only let you use one application at a time, and forces you to completely quit what you are doing if you need to use another application. For example, that means you can't be logged into IM while you are look at a map on the iPhone. On the Pre, this would be no issue.
- The iPhone has been out longer so if you desire access to a lot of applications, then the iPhone might be a better choice right now.
Think about where you store your contacts.
- The Palm Pre can sync with multiple contact lists (Facebook, your computer, Outlook) and will merge them together seamlessly.
- The iPhone can only sync with one contact list at a time.
Decide if you think you want a keyboard or not.
- The Palm Pre has a keyboard with little keys on it, so it is a bit easier to type on.
- The iPhone does not have a keyboard, instead you type via a keyboard that shows on the touch screen.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Going to the store and looking at both types of phones will help you make your decision. There is nothing more useful than holding the phone in your hand and playing with it to see what feels best for you.
Video: iPhone X vs iPhone 8/8 Plus - Which Should You Buy?
Tips on How to Wear Athleisure
This Moms Hilarious First Day of School Photo Is Going Viral
How to Decorate Your Home for Christmas at the Very Last Minute
Floral Shirt Outfit for Men-25 Ways to Wear Guys Floral Shirts
Conservative Google employees file diversity complaints to HR
Chelsea Manning confirms US senate run
Spring Fashion Trend – Sequins For When The Sun IsOut
10 Things You Didnt Know Other Countries Get From the U.S
Learn How to Cure Heel Pain on WomansDay
Catch A Fire: August 2009
Much Like Me
Can Weed Help Treat Anxiety
Date: 07.12.2018, 23:54 / Views: 64163