How to train a dog yourself?
If such a true friend as a dog appeared in your house, it means that you have a lot of questions. If the basic rules of caring for animals, such as, are understandable, and anyone can cope with them, then the questions of dog training are always put into a separate chapter, because with this matter not everything is as simple as we would like.
Some owners of four-footed pets believe that it is not necessary to train a dog by all the rules, especially if they are not concerned about its further development and participation in exhibitions.
You may be surprised, but this is a big mistake, because dog training is a process of important interaction between a pet and its owner. A dog who does not obey the commands of his master will someday be the cause of an unpleasant or, worse, conflict situation.
In training absolutely any dog needs, regardless of its size and breed, without obedience and knowledge of the most primitive commands, the content of such a pet, at times, turns into a real hell.Responsibility for the unpredictable actions of an ill-mannered dog is fully borne by its owner, they can begin with minor mischief, and end with serious problems: fights with other quadrupeds or, even worse, an attack on an innocent person.
Teams of obedience, overcoming obstacles and sockets of objects train a dog in strength, dexterity, patience and self-confidence. Most often, the master takes on the role of a pet trainer of his own pet, because he, like no one else, knows his character and morals, which makes it possible to achieve good success in a relatively short period of time.
But, the question immediately arises, how to train a dog? The process can be very difficult, some dogs have a very stubborn character, so you have to be patient and free time.
The relationship between you and the dog should be built solely on trust, respect and love, to subdue the dog with the help of rudeness and cruelty will not work, such methods can not be resorted to in any case.
Sometimes the owners give the dog to special clubs, where dog handlers from a professional point of view are engaged in training the animal, well, better if you are engaged with your pet under the strict guidance of a specialist.
Thus, the dog itself will feel more confident, and the owner himself will know how to act in this or that situation, because in order to tame a four-way friend, for him, first of all, you need to become an authority.
When should I start training?
Of course, it is best to start training from the most tender age, 2-3 months, and the basics of obedience are laid in the puppy, almost from his very birth. You might think that such a small and, at first glance, absolutely insensible, creation can understand and remember something for yourself? It turns out, maybe even better than an adult and a developed dog.
It is at this time the best moment to show who is the boss and who should be obeyed. Most of the training at this age should take place in a game form, because at this stage your goal is to make friends with the dog, gain her trust and get interested.
You should not expect that a puppy at that age will be able to show an absolutely correct reaction and implementation, but you should not scold him for it. The main thing is to praise and encourage for every success and ignore if something does not work.
At an older age, from 3 months to a year, you can begin serious training, which will no longer differ even from the training of a completely adult dog. Even completely adult dogs are amenable to training, age, of course, can simplify the process, but if you already have an adult dog in your house, it's never too late to start.
Remember, in order to achieve success, you must have a lot of patience so that training matters, it is necessary to achieve such an effect that the commands are executed clearly and quickly, regardless of the surrounding conditions and distracting factors.
You can start at home, but you should take into account that this cannot be called a full-fledged workout, since on the street a dog may refuse to obey.
What is needed and where is the best exercise?
For quality training you need a collar, leash and a set of favorite treats that your pet recognizes. It can be a dry food, it is convenient to carry it and it practically does not stain hands, however, some dogs do not recognize such delicacy.
Then you can stock up on slices of sausage, there are dogs that are very fond of liver or smoked sausage, and there are some individuals who work with great pleasure for unleavened baking.In general, it all depends on the preferences of your fourfold friend.
The trainer himself is important to stock up on a good mood and enthusiasm, after which you can go to the playground or some place where you will not be disturbed by anyone. It is also necessary to conduct trainings in public places, but somewhat later, when the dog learns the basic commands in calm conditions.
Many are interested in the question of how long to train, there is even such an opinion that, the longer they last, the faster and better the teams will learn. But it was not there, because your dog is not a computer, but a living creature, which can also get tired or feel unwell.
The ideal time is three times a week for 60-90 minutes, the first few trainings are no more than 30 minutes so that the animal can adapt to a new occupation.
Some important tips:
- Do not try to teach the dog with the help of shouts, assault and other similar methods, you only intimidate the animal, but there will be little sense. Failures need to be missed, but each success is generously encouraged - with delicacy, affection and good mood - this is how a dog is much easier and faster to learn what to do and what can't be done.
- Give all commands in a calm but persistent tone; the dog must understand that you are not playing now, but are engaged in a serious matter.
- Sometimes the specificity of training can depend on the breed of the dog, therefore, for the qualitative training of the pet, you will need to know both the general requirements and the subtleties that are inherent only in a specific breed.
- Start learning with simple commands, such as “to me”, “near” or “fu,” over time, adding more and more complex options. The testing of each team should not last more than 5-10 minutes, after which a short break should be taken. Always change the order of the commands so that the dog does not know which one will be next.
- To simplify your workout, walk the dog well in front of them. Gone pet will be much more concentrated on the task, than the one whose activity flows through the edge.
- Do not repeat the same command more than 2 times. As a result of such an error, the dog can only obey with a 3, 5 or tenth attempt.
- Keep an eye on the condition of the pet: if you see that she looks somehow intimidated or lethargic, then it is better to leave all your studies for today, and the dog itself will be generously rewarded and caressed.
What is enotherapy
Honey Cinnamon and Pecan Buns
Do you know who such a samoyed
Gustavsberg - a true leader in the production of toilet bowls