Mark VII Tetrarch Paper Model
Paper Mark of Mark VII Tetrarch- (eng. Light Tank Mk VII, Tetrarch) ("four-arch") - a British light airborne tank, for example, it was possible for airborne troops land using assault gliders such as "Hamilcar", during the Second World War.
Materials and tools:
- scissors, paper knife, drawing ruler
- glue brushes and paint;
- watercolors (or pencils), toothpicks;
- clear acrylic glue ("Moment", etc.);
- to print the model matte photo paper with a density of 170-180 g / m2;
- for small parts - 70-80 g / m2.
- Before you assemble the part, read the drawings and instructions. Determine the place of each part and imagine its assembly;
- Make holes in details before cutting out the part;
- Cut only the part (s) you need right now. Unpacked items in a box, and unused sheets in a closed folder (as an option).Throwing out trash after work, carefully inspect the scrap paper;
- To better fold the part, it is necessary to hold the ruler along the fold line, pressing lightly with the blunt side of the knife or a toothpick so as not to damage the paper surface. Better to do it from the wrong side of the part;
- Keep your fingers clean and be sure to use wipes to wipe your hands, because hands may get dirty in the process;
- wind up cylindrical parts before gluing onto a round object of a suitable diameter, this will give them shape;
- Before gluing it is necessary to paint the ends of the part. White crop lines spoil the overall look of the model. To paint the ends, use watercolors or gouache paints. After selecting the desired color, apply them in a thin layer, then allow the paint to dry. About markers better to forget;
- Take your time with gluing. First, cut out the part, paint it from the end, wait for the paint to dry, assemble the part. Attach it to the place where it should be to make sure everything is done correctly. And only then stick. Do not forget to let the glue dry.
A bit of history
English light tank Mark.VII Tetrarch
"Tetrarch" "Airborne" is called in many modern publications, but this is not entirely true. The development of the combat vehicle was started by Vickers-Armstrong engineers in 1936 in a proactive manner, in parallel with attempts to modernize the light tank Mark.VI. The project received the code "P.R." The military gave the tank its own name "Purdah" (curtain, burqa), since its creation has long been like "behind the curtain". In December 1937 the first prototype was prepared (without armament). In early May 1938 the Mechanization Department was invited to familiarize with P.R. Immediately after the tests, the Chief Executive of the Mechanization Policy (G.D.M.P.) appointed a meeting at the Military Office, to which representatives of the General Staff and the Royal Tank Corps were invited. The question of adopting Purdah into service as a light tank was discussed. The meeting decided to purchase 70 machines, and they were the last light tanks, entered service with the British army.
On June 15, 1938, the Military Office held another meeting, which was attended by representatives of Vickers, the Chief Administrator of the Mechanization Policy and the staff of his headquarters. The company received assurances that the Army will issue an order to be completed by 1940, while the developers were not forbidden to make further changes to the project.The Mechanization Department did not like the small power reserve and the location of the fuel tanks in front of the hull. Designers had to put right behind the fuel tanks armored 14 mm thick. Drain holes were made in the floor where fuel should have gone in case of damage to the fuel tanks. In addition, to increase the driving distance, a cylindrical fuel tank was added at the stern of the hull, and the machine gun was replaced with a 2-pound gun. The tank was driven by a rudder, which was duplicated by levers in case of a breakdown. The turning radius was 80 feet (about 24 m). &Nbsp;
On September 4, 1938, the Chief Administrator of the Mechanization Policy approved the official name for the P.R. –"Tank,Light,Mk.VII".Theprototypereceivedthedesignation"A.17E1",andthebenchmarkfortheproductionof– "А.17 Е2".
Preparation of production capacity for the release of the new machine took the whole of 1939. In 1940, after the fall of France, the British came to the conclusion that light tanks are bad for real combat operations. The order was reduced to 70 cars, but after negotiations with Vickers representatives, the Ministry of Supply agreed to increase the order of obviously unnecessary cars first to 100 and then to 220 units.In reality, 177 tanks were manufactured, this was due to the fact that the attacks of the Luftwaffe in April 1941 seriously damaged production plants.
Supplies of Mk.VII began in November 1940. First public demonstration – in January 1941, when General Alan Brooke, representatives of the Territorial Security Forces and other high-ranking officers arrived at the Army College in Camberley. In the meantime, the uselessness of the new tanks manifested itself more and more. In January 1942, 20 Mk.VII were sent to the USSR through the Land-Lease line, and the first combat use of the Mk.VII occurred not in the British army, but in the Soviet, in March-April 1942. The British first engaged in the battles of 12 of their Mk.VII in the Ironclad operation on May 5, 1942, largely due to the fact that the small size and weight of the tank was well suited for landing on the island of Madagascar.
In 1942, the idea to make the tank "airborne", creating for this special glider. Given the small size and weight of the tank, the company General Aircraft Ltd. received in early 1942 an order for the design of a transport glider for him. At the same time the tank Mk.VII received the name, which is known now: "Tetrarch". The glider, which was put into serial production, was called "Hamilcar".
As an airborne, the tank was quite successfully used in the British military operations at the end of the war, and some time after it was in service with airborne units. On the basis of "Tetrarch" various experimental and experimental machines were created, for example, the "tank hunter" Alecto, but none of them went into the series. The only surviving tank unit is in the English museum in Bovington.
Does the desire to learn increase a school desk?
Smoking capelin at home
The art of wedding invitation
Invisible DVDCD shelf
Apple liqueur - recipe
Santa Claus crocheted
Design solutions in the design of the room