How to Style Basics and Essentials
Men’s Fashion Basics – Part 11 – The Blazer
Moving on from last week’s let’s talk about something a bit more cotton-based and formal, by which I mean blazers. A lot of young stylish actors and fashion designers canoften be found in slim, dark blazerswith a pair of jeans these days and it is definitely something that most guyscan pull off with ease.It will bring your outfit together more and is a great piece for ‘anchoring’ more fashion-forward clothes around. But there are still some basic rules that need to be remembered.
One of the big problems that seems to crop up whenever a blazer is mentioned is ‘are they different from suit jackets?’ and is then usually followed by‘…and can I wear a suit jacket by itself anyway?’.The answer to these questions is simple; the only difference between a suit jacket and a blazer is the matching trousers. I wear my suit jackets with a jeans and a tee shirt all the time andnobody is none the wiser.Don’t get so caught up in the nitty-gritty guys!
Well, ok, I tell a lie. There is one detail that should be remembered at all times and that’sthe difference between a structured blazer and an unstructured one.The idea behind this one is simple; a structured blazer will normally have more defined shoulders, be made from a dressier fabric and hug your body a lot more creating a slim line to your frame.
They are great for strikinga more formal notewhereas an unstructured one will help give off a more casual vibe,perfect for rolling the sleeves upand wearing with your beaten up denim.
But in the end it will come down to your personal preference. I personally prefer my blazers structured because I love how I can throw one on and instantly look more put together and smart regardless of how casual the rest of my clothes are.
They come in all kinds of fabrics, from cotton blends to tweeds through to wool and corduroys and each material and style lends themselves to a particular look. Justalways bear in mind the nature of the blazer.If it’s a brisk leafy Autumn Sunday outside and you’re off to grab some lunch, reach for that grey tweed blazer to put on over your striped shirt and jeans. Or if you’re on your way out to dinner and need something to smarten up your white t-shirt and grey chinos throw on a dressy cotton navy blazer instead.
Ways To Wear
And, as always, here are some fool-proof ways of wearing a blazer:
- Get yourself a fitted black blazerand wear it with a dark pair of jeans and your favourite tee or maybe even a thin black and red striped long sleeve t-shirt? In fact get yourself a black blazer and wear it with everything! You can’t go wrong.
- Go full on prep and match asmart navy blazerwith some sand cotton chinos, a blue collared shirt and brown loafers. Maybe even throw in a blue gingham pocket square or a brown and navy striped tie for good measure too.
- For a smart take on casual Fridays, why not try wearinga tweed or corduroy blazerin a neutral colour with the standard jeans, t-shirt and jumper the rest of your work colleagues always seem to wear. Also, go for a jumper with am argyle pattern to mix things up a bit.
- For those of you that have some coloured trousers lying around in preparation for spring (or at the very least some white jeans!),keep them anchored with a blazer too.Use it as the background that lets those loud chinos do the talking, just make sure the blazer is either in a neutral colour or a complimenting colour. You don’t want your bottom and top half to be clashing.
- And finally, one for the summer. Go with astructured navy cotton blazerover a white t-shirt and some chino shorts. Round it off with a straw trilby and some brightly coloured boat shoes as well.
Video: Building a Minimal Wardrobe | The Art of Manliness
TAG Heuer AUTAVIA Is The Revival Of An Icon In Aviation Racing
How to Have a Successful Open Source Project
Can I use cellulite creams while Im pregnant
Rules to being a well dressed dude
The hottest new spa craze: Shell massages
How to Change the Input Method for Android
7 Beauty Products Real Korean Women Love
We Meet The Writer Behind The Archers
Amazon Launches Prime Now One Hour Alcohol Delivery service
Argentinas First Teacher With Down Syndrome Is the Ultimate Inspiration
The 29 Sexiest Mens Hairstyles for Curly Hair 2019
Top Spring Racing Carnival Trends 2015
Womens Louise Et Cie Katarina Sandal, Size 7 M - White
Fungal Meningitis Cases Continue to Rise
Can Beer Put the Brakes on Colon Cancer Recovery