Why are breathing problems?
Sometimes it happens that a healthy person who has never complained of problems with breathing, suddenly began to overcome shortness of breath, there were unpleasant sensations when inhaling, and the feeling that there was always not enough air. Such problems have recently become the reasons for frequent calls for medical help, and today we will try to figure out what can be hidden behind such symptoms.
Why can not breathe deeply?
Causes of shortness of breath can be both physiological and purely psychological. It is also worth considering the influence of the environment.
Now about this in order. Why is it difficult to breathe?
- Increased physical stress. In the case of the usual things for us - go up to the fifth floor, bring food bags to the house, go to the gym for workouts, the body can react with shortness of breath, which does not pose any danger to it. But if the load increases, oxygen starvation occurs, and breathing becomes more difficult.Do not panic if shortness of breath quickly disappears and does not cause any pain. You just need to relax a bit and get some fresh air.
- Diseases of the lungs. There are several diseases in which a person will breathe heavily, here are the most common ones.
- Asthma - during the acute period, the airways become inflamed and constricted, leading to shortness of breath, wheezing, and a feeling of tightness in the chest.
- Inflammation of the lungs - an infection that is actively developing in the body, causes coughing, painful sensations when inhaling, shortness of breath, as well as an increase in body temperature, excessive sweating and fatigue.
- Pulmonary hypertension. The disease is accompanied by compaction of the walls of the pulmonary arteries against the background of high pressure, which causes wheezing and cough, patients also complain that it is difficult for them to take a deep breath and exhale.
These conditions require immediate medical attention.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system. If you began to notice that shortness of breath appears more and more often and overpowers you even after your usual physical exertion for more than six months, you need to consult a doctor and be examined.This symptom indicates that the heart is trying hard to bring oxygen through the blood to the organs. All this can talk about the development of angina pectoris, which are most often affected by men for 40, and women who are already 55 years old.
- Stress and anxiety. It happens that in a situation when a person experiences a strong emotional overstrain, it becomes difficult for him to breathe. Some patients even complain that they can only breathe in with their mouths. In fact, such stories are very common.
A feeling of constriction in the chest, frequent breathing, shortness of breath accompany depressive and stressful situations because the nervous system lends itself to excessive exertion, which in turn increases the cost of oxygen and can lead to spasm of the respiratory muscles. What to do in such cases? To normalize the state, it is enough to calm down and start to breathe slowly and deeply.
- Chronic fatigue. If the heart is all right, then it is worth taking a blood test to see the level of hemoglobin. If it is significantly reduced, and in addition to “heavy breathing,” such symptoms as general weakness, fatigue, pallor, and frequent dizziness also join, this may indicate the presence of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Physiologically, this process is quite simple to understand: when the hemoglobin level decreases, the organs do not receive much of the oxygen, which affects the external pallor of the skin. For the same reason, a person constantly feels depressed and tired.
To get rid of this condition, the doctor will prescribe you medicines that will help increase hemoglobin.
- Problems with the vessels. Sometimes shortness of breath can also indicate circulatory disorders in the vessels of the brain. In this case, consult a neurologist. As a rule, patients with similar complaints are diagnosed with increased intracranial pressure or vascular spasms of the brain.
- It's hard to breathe through your nose. The cause of problems with nasal breathing may lie in the physiological features of the structure of the nasal passages or curvature of the septum. Help in this case can only operation.
The risk of problems with the respiratory system becomes higher in the case of exacerbation of chronic diseases, constant emotional stress, allergies and even obesity. To find the true cause of this condition, you must seek medical help on time.Keep track of your health and regularly undergo examinations.
Autumn crafts to school
Postcard for the New Year
Roll with ham and cheese
Why is the pet coughing
This secret recipe will smooth the skin on your hands in no time
What is a temple